Later today I will be heading to Sao Paulo to attend and speak at the 4th Conference of the Austrian School of Economics sponsored by the Ludwig von Mises Institute of Brazil.
First time in Brazil, so any recommendations for those who know better let me know.
In the meantime, a few items that may be of interest.
1. The fall schedule for the weekly Workshop in Philosophy, Politics and Economics at GMU is now online. If you are in Fairfax on a Thursday, please do join us.
2. The schedule and readings for my graduate course in the history of modern economic thought for the fall term is now online.
3. My colleague Todd Zywicki has posted his keynote address from last year's conference at the law school about what makes the intellectual environment at GMU so special. Highly recommend.
4. Keep October 2nd 2014 open, Hayek conference in Arlington will be the place to be.
5. And among the coolest things that has happened to me professionally since I became an economics professor --- I was named the Ludwig von Mises Visiting School at the Free Market Institute at Texas Tech for the academic year 2014-2015. Expect to see me sporting some Red Raider gear come this winter. "Guns Up" as they say. So very excited to spend quality time with Ben Powell and his team and see up close and personal what they are building there.